Transplant Recipients, Living Donors, Corneal & Tissue Recipients,
Bone Marrow Recipients, and International
Golf will be played as singles, team and mixed team. Men and women’s two man shamble and mixed two man shamble will be played at the same time. Medals will be awarded in both gross and net divisions.
1. Partners must be from the same team. Competitors are restricted from partnering with a different team member.
2. We are not responsible to find competitors partners for them. Competitors must supply their partner on their own or with their team managers help.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. Team and mixed team are classified as events. Therefore, athletes may not compete in more than one age division for team or mixed team.
4. The age category of competition for team and mixed team will be determined by the younger age of the two partners the day of Opening Ceremony – August 3, 2018.
1. Golfers will play their own ball. Both gross and net score, hole by hole on the official scorecard, will be tracked.
2. Handicaps have to be provided based off the U.S.G.A. handicapping system.
3. If no handicap is provided, you will only qualify for a medal in the gross division.
4. For team play, players will get half their handicap for net scoring purposes.
5. The team score will be the best/lowest ball score of the two players.
6. Each team will keep a gross score and a net score on the official scorecard.
7. Both players must have a handicap to qualify for the net medal.
U.S.G.A. rules apply except where modified by local rules (www.usga.org). With some modifications.
Once an event is completed and results are available, golf staff must record all competitors and times/scores to the appropriate system/documents. When electronic scoring is being utilized a manual backup system must be in place to record results.
When available, during the course of competition, sports directors may post results (identified as preliminary) for public and competitor review.
Upon conclusion of the day’s competition, sports directors must submit final results for each event. Manual documents must be signed and dated by the appropriate staff member. Results will be reviewed for accuracy and posted in the TGA Village.
1. Golfing staff will be responsible for queuing competitors and directing them to the tee box.
2. 14 club rule is in effect (14 clubs in your bag).
3. Out of bounds is marked by white hazards. Yellow lines/stakes mark water hazards and white lines/stakes define ground under repair. French drains are GUR.
4. Each course will define ground under repair prior to competition.
5. Golf cart use during official competition rounds are mandatory
6. Range finders are allowed.
7. No caddies permitted.
Two Man Shamble Guidelines:
1. Both players will tee off from the appropriate tee (as described in singles golf).
2. The team will choose the best drive. Each player will then play their own ball through the hole from that point.
3. The players will get half their handicap for net scoring purposes.
4. The team score will be the best/lowest ball score of the two players.
5. Each team will keep a gross score and a net score on the official scorecard.
6. Both players must have a handicap to qualify for the net medal.
**Rules and format are subject to change and may be modified based on each competition.