Transplant Recipients, Living Donors, Corneal & Tissue Recipients,
Bone Marrow Recipients, and International
The track & field competition will have the following events for men, women and youth.
|Men & Women Individual Track Events||Men & Women Field Events|
|Youth Individual Track Events||Youth Field Events|
|25m (5 & under)||Softball Throw|
|50m (6-10 years old)||Long Jump|
|100m (11-13 years old)|
Relay Track Events:
Men Women Mixed
4x100m 4x100m 4x100m
The age category of competition for relays will be determined by the younger age of the swimmers on the day of Opening Ceremony – August 3, 2018.
1. Competitors will compete in their own gender, age category and division. All events will be timed finals. When there are multiple heats in an event, the ranking of the competitors for medals or advancement will be based solely on time.
2. Awards will be presented to the top three gender finishers for each event within each athlete division and age category.
USA Track & Field Rules will apply. With some modifications.
Once an event is completed and results are available, track and field staff must record all competitors and times/scores to the appropriate system/documents. When electronic scoring is being utilized a manual backup system must be in place to record results.
When available, during the course of competition, sports directors may post results (identified as preliminary) for public and competitor review.
Upon conclusion of the day’s competition, sports directors must submit final results for each event. Manual documents must be signed and dated by the appropriate staff member. Results will be reviewed for accuracy and posted in the TGA Village.
1. Event check-in will be 30 minutes before each event under the check-in tent.
2. Competitors will get bib numbers at competitor check-in.
3. Track & Field staff will be responsible for queuing competitors prior to the scheduled heat and will direct athletes to the start line.
4. Track & Field staff may combine events/divisions based on schedule and number of competitors. This will not affect medal award categories.
5. Allowable spike maximum height is ¼”
6. Individual teams will decide who will participate in relay events. At their discretion teams may mix age groups but age group category will be determined by the youngest athlete on a relay team. Children cannot mix with adults.
7. All equipment will be provided for track and field events; no other equipment will be acceptable for competition.
8. For the mixed relay, there can be no greater than 2 males per team.
Field Event Guidelines:
1. Adult shot put weights:
a. 3kg (men 60+, women 50+)
b. 4kg (women under 50)
c. 5kg (boys 14-17 and men 40-59)
d. 7.26 kg (men 18-39)
2. Adult discus weights:
a. 2kg (men under 50)
b. 1kg (all women and men 50+)
3. Starting high-jump heights:
a. Youth Girls: 3’2” – up 2” at a time
b. Youth Boys: 3’6” – up 2” at a time
c. Adult Women: 4’0” – up 2” at a time
d. Adult Men: 4’4” – up 2” at a time
4. Shot put, discus, long jump, and softball throw participants receive 3 throws – no finals.
5. High jump participants receive 3 jumping opportunities at each height to successfully clear the bar.
6. Softballs are 11” women’s collegiate fast pitch regulation.
**Rules and format are subject to change and may be modified based on each competition.