July 19, 2020
8:00am to 2:00pm
1 MetLife Stadium Dr
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Transplant Recipients, Living Donors, Corneal & Tissue Recipients,
Bone Marrow Recipients, and International
Men and Women 5km closed course race (14 and older).
Men and Women 20km road race (14 and older).
Youth 1km race (Ages Groups: 5 and under, 6-10 and 11-13).
1. The youth 1km race will be for ages 13 and under.
2. Competitors are allowed to compete in both the 5K race and the 20K race.
3. Competitors must be pre-registered to compete in the cycling competition.
1. The 5k will be before the 20km.
2. All events will be timed finals.
3. When there are multiple heats in an event, the ranking of the competitors for medals or advancement will be based solely on time.
4. The winner in each division will be the individual with the lowest elapsed time.
Medals will be awarded to first, second, and third to Division 1 and Division 2 athletes by gender and age groups.
1. Cycling staff will be responsible for queuing competitors prior to the scheduled heat and will direct athletes to the start line.
2. Cycling staff may combine events/divisions based on schedule and number of competitors. This will not affect medal award categories.
3. All competitors will be allowed 30 minutes to complete the course after the first competitor in the heat finishes; after 30 minutes, the race is over, and timing will cease.
4. Chip time will be used for both cycling events.
5. Bikes can be rented or shipped.
6. The use of aerobars is illegal.
7. Drafting is legal.
8. Recumbent bikes are legal upon approval from physician and noted on competitor's medical waiver for the need of use.
USA Cycling rules apply (www.usacycling.org
). With some modifications.
Once an event is completed and results are available, cycling staff must record all competitors and scores to the appropriate system/documents. When electronic scoring is being utilized a manual backup system must be in place to record results.
When available, during the course of competition, sports directors may post results (identified as preliminary) for public and competitor review.
Upon conclusion of the day’s competition, sports directors must submit final results for each event. Manual documents must be signed and dated by the appropriate staff member. Results will be reviewed for accuracy and posted in the TGA Village.
**Rules and format are subject to change and may be modified based on each competition.